For any questions regarding your membership status, please contact:
Dr. Simone Pfeiffer
Become a member...
We are welcoming everyone interested in tropical ecology to become a member of the Society for Tropical Ecology. Join our scientific community to benefit from our networks, access and publish in our journal, apply for grants and save registration fees in our Annual Meetings and Events. We will support your career and strengthen your networking opportunities. You can also actively shape the society by contacting our scientific or executive boards, or by becoming a member of a board.
Payments via credit card, debit card or PAYPAL account are most welcome via our membership shop. Payments by check or international money order must be drawn on a bank. Please make sure to add the appropriate transfer charges.
In addition to the payment, please fill in your contact details using this pdf document, sign and send it to the treasurer via mail, or e-mail (email@example.com). She will then confirm your membership.
All members receive the annual newsletter containing society announcements and details of current projects in tropical research. Membership is paid per annum. A reduced fee is available for students and unemployed individuals:
|Regular membership||€ 60,00|
|Regular membership (low-income countries)||€ 15,00|
(with verification of student status)
|12 months trial membership for students||€ 0,00 (please contact our treasurer)|
|Donation/membership for another person||please contact our treasurer|
Payments via credit card are most welcome. Payments by cheque or international money order must be drawn on a bank. Please make sure to add the appropriate transfer charges.
Membership fees and donations are tax deductible. Any person interested in tropical ecology may become a member of the Society for Tropical Ecology upon payment of dues.
- for subscription via Email please use this pdf document.
- or use our online shop for joining us or to renew your membership fee
Why should I join?
- Reduced prices for participation in society conferences
- Receive annual newsletter and email updates on society activities
- Certification of society membership and/or engagement for CV
- Opportunities for networking with researchers from different countries
- For student members - access to a student group, which will provide additional networking opportunities and mentoring events
- For student members - opportunity to apply for funding to support travel to society conferences and fieldwork
- Develop links with relevant initiatives and facilitate local to global collaborations
- Experience working in an international society
- Opportunity to take over responsibilities (e.g. event organisation, social media, chairing)
- Get involved in shaping the society by contacting our scientific or executive boards, or by becoming a member of a board
- Be part of a friendly, open-minded, and welcoming society!